Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Counting Our Blessings

This has been a very interesting year for me.  We have moved 6 times.  There were 7 months of no work.  I had a major breakthru with my artwork in Colorado,  met 5 wonderful new friends in MN this spring.  We spent 4 months cleaning, purging, doing yard work, fixing the RV; cleaning the RV and had great times with family and friends in between.
We went back to MN this fall, caught back up with friends from the spring and made some new friends.  My artwork was accepted at 5 stores MN.  Started 2 new projects for the Le Duc Mansion in Hastings, http://www.dakotahistory.org/LeDuc/home.asp .

Blessings count - I think that is at least 59 so far and I know there were plenty more that I haven't listed...good health, sunshine, love & hugs, hot water, a roof over my head, good food to eat...

So I guess I am reminding you all & myself....to count our blessings every day.  Find a few moments or more during your day to remember and give thanks for all the wonderful things around you, within you, going out from you, and coming to you...they far outnumber the "bad things".

Ok....so what kind of projects are you working on for the holiday?  Tell me tell me, I would love for you to share your special gifts of creativity...sorry no pics from you, just speak from your heart about your artistic passion....ie baking, writing, sewing, decorating, music, caregiving...

Oh my...I promised I would show you some things I have been working on....
We had a very sad day before Thanksgiving when my son's dog of 4 years had to be put to sleep....many tears later I channeled my sadness into a special cutting in memory of "Hudson".
Enjoy the pic.  I know you will honor that this is a copyright piece of EKSL Designs and not to be used without consent.

No comments: