Friday, January 7, 2011

Help!!!

Help!!!


Help!  I need help!  I can't do it all by myself!!!  These are the most difficult words for me to say. 


How many of us try to do it all?  By controlling it all, we think we can keep a handle on it.  Well I am here to say, I can't do it all anymore.  Are you with me?!
So where do you need help?  I invite you to share so we can find some answers together!
Here are some of my realizations.  I am going to try to stay very positive with these.  Most of them have to do with my EKSL Designs business.
  • I want to continue to maintain a web presence but at a much lower cost.  I am setting up a new website that is for browsing. 
    The new site will be much more interactive.  The up side - I have already made a dent in the learning curve and learned lots about setups while building my ecommerce site.  I also have most of the JPG files set up and many of my descriptions done already.
  • I am looking to create an income from my artwork.  This means I must to bring in more than I spend. The RV is filled with lots of materials, tools and resource books. I did do a lot of downsizing on internet costs this past year.  I have learned how to create line sheets for my product lines, thanks to http://www.themogulmom.com/ .  I have started hoofing it and promoting my products to smaller specialty shops.  I had some success with my Winter Line at the shops in MN.  Now to get out there and promote my Spring 211 Line sheets - CT here I come!
  • Learn to meet industry trends.  I have joined a site that tracks trends
  • Find out exactly what my client base is looking for.  Not quite sure how to do this.  I know there are questionaires etc out there.  Your ideas & suggestions would be very helpful.
  • Become a better marketer of myself and my product.  Now I did find a package that is offered by The Mogul Mom that I will purchase as soon as I bring in some additional income.  In the meantime I will continue to explore the different avenues available to me.
  • Make better use of my time.  That also means taking care of my health, exercising, eating right, getting enough sleep and taking time to "smell the roses"!!!
  • Create more time for my hubby and I to do things together.
  • Spsend more time with my family & friends.
  • Enter my artwork in shows, write articles about papercutting, put myself & my artwork out into the community, write a press release.
  • Find a business mentor to expand my knowledge and get & keep me on track for success.
Ok, so here it goes.  I am ready to grab the bull by the horns, reach to greater heights, find my pie in the sky,  and make my mark in 2011!

You can too!!!


Pikes Peak - Photo by ellen kS lengel
Smiles...ellen

No comments: